Career Opportunities at Seaside Schools
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCIES
SALARY: 11 month Guidance Salary Schedule
LOCATION: Position #1 Niceville (Mon-Thur) & Seacoast South Walton Campus (Friday)
Position #2 Seacoast South Walton Campus (Mon-Fri)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1 . Master’s degree from an accredited educational institution
2. Certified as a Guidance Counselor by the State of Florida
REPORTS TO: Principal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, evaluate, and select a variety of materials to support a well-balanced counseling program.
- Arrange the physical environment to facilitate counseling and consultation.
- Follow established procedures for appropriate intervention in accordance with school, district, and state laws, rules, and policies.
- Coordinate and administer state testing. Interpret and communicate results with staff and parents.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the school including participation in school-wide events, committees, and responsibilities.
- Coordinate between campuses for orientation and transition of students.
- Play an active role in new student orientation and other events designed to promote the college and other student success initiatives.
- Review and interpret academic records and degree plans for the purposes of course placement and academic advising.
- Maintain accurate records regarding interactions with students.
- Facilitate the college application process including FAFSA for every student.
- Attend Tuesday faculty meeting on main campus.
- Provide current and prospective students with sound, professional enrollment and academic advice following guidelines determined by administration and academic leadership.
- Maintain superior knowledge of all academic programs and business practices related to the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Engage with students and public via phone, web, and in-person methods under the parameters and guidelines set forth by administration.
- Assist in coordination of graduation and honors ceremony for seniors
- Monitor students’ progress in Bright Futures.
- Enter students in to the NCAA eligibility clearinghouse website.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in school data collection of input on principal’s performance assessment program.
- Maintain professional and ethical standards as outlined by the American School Counselor Association and The Code of Ethics and the Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida.
- Work with faculty, staff, and family regarding student attitude, attendance, progress, and performance.
- Support school initiatives by active participation in school activities, services, and programs.
How to Apply
Visit http://www.seasideschools.net and complete employment application. Email application and resume to email@example.com
To be considered for an open position, all applicants must submit a completed application (downloadable here) along with a resume or CV to Dr. Scott O'Prey at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the position closing date.
Thanks for your interest in Seaside Schools!