Career Opportunities at Seaside Schools
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCIES
Part-time Math Teacher
SALARY: 10 month Teacher Salary Schedule
LOCATION: Seaside Neighborhood School
QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Math teacher middle grades 5-9
REPORTS TO: Principal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry.
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning experiences that promote performance.
- Listens and interacts effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and community members, respecting diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
- Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students’ learning and well-being.
- Provides professional leadership to establish a culture conducive to learning and student diversity, involves students in the development of a mission and goals that support the school’s goals and guide classroom decisions, and uses data for continual improvement.
- Develops and implements a strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
- Provides opportunities for students to demonstrate appropriate progress toward graduation expectations: knowledgeable, lifelong learner; responsible individual; effective communicator; problem solver; collaborative team worker, and self-directed learner.
- Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifies instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and crises effectively.
- Promotes independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Develops and manages human resources within the classroom by maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in professional development activities, recognizing students and parents for contributions to goal achievement.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each student’s culture, learning styles, special needs, and socioeconomic background.
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of students.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends.
- Performs other related duties as required.
How to Apply
Thanks for your interest in Seaside Schools!